Savitri Era of those who adore, Om Sri Aurobindo and The Mother.
Saturday, January 28, 2006
Friday, January 27, 2006
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Monday, January 23, 2006
Sunday, January 22, 2006
Saturday, January 21, 2006
From ancient, miraculous stones build the steps of the future. Nicholas Roerich
- What are the roots of violence?
- What are the reasons for human impatience and cruelty?
- What is the way to protect ourselves from violence and preserve peace?
- Is peace an unfulfilled dream of humanity?
In the ancient texts of Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Christianity and other world teachings we find very profound considerations and real concern about peace. Presently we would like to suggest that we take a look at the problem of peace through the spectrum of beauty, creativeness and art. We regard beauty and art as the most powerful mediums in the process of mutual understanding of different nations and their peaceful coexistence.
Friday, January 20, 2006
Thursday, January 19, 2006
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Monday, January 16, 2006
Saturday, January 14, 2006
We know that Sri Aurobindo wanted federation of States for a World Union. Bangladesh has been separated though it does not present a happy picture. A federation of small States around India would accomplish a happier result in the long run. SAARC and such organizations may be a preamble to it.
Big powers have enough time and money to broke between countries in conflicting situations but they have not been able to really ease the situation anywhere. They have their own motive. While China unite scattered countries by force, in the name of Motherland, we go on shouting ‘Cross border, cross border’. Men, pristine nature and environment are brutally destroyed daily. A very unpleasant situation has been continuing. Some way has to be found out to ease the situation. India should strongly stand its ground, end infiltration and try for unification of the severed parts of Kashmir.
Though division is a political reality, it is not true reality. India’s position in the world should be accepted by all the peoples of erstwhile India as the Mother, who nurtured all her children from time immemorial. India has the largest number of Muslims among the countries. If united, Muslim population in India would be increased but they would be more benefited while living with other Indians. By unification the civilization of the subcontinent would recover its lost face.
Time may come for unity in the shape of federation, if not otherwise. That may be a safe political solution. A permanent peace will descend in the sub-continent, even other where, to a great extent, when people rationally give up the idea of proselytizing. In a modern world spirituality should outlive religions. A theocratic state is beyond the modern time spirit.
- 31.12.1912: ‘The Viceroy’s health is following exactly the movement of the Will which was that the pain should be relieved within December 31st and the healing of the wounds fulfilled in January. This morning’s news is that there is no longer any discomfort from the wounds, although the healing will take some weeks.’ (Sri Aurobindo Archives and Research. Pondicherry; Sri Aurobindo Ashram. April 1987. p.52)
- 15.1.1913: ‘The Viceroy’s health has almost answered to the Aishwarya as within the first fortnight . . . . the trikaldrishti is fulfilled in both the favourable and the adverse movements. . . .’ (ibid. p.82)
Both Motilal Roy and Rashbehari Basu were from the then French enclave, Chandernagore. Both of them were behind the bomb throwing action. None of their actions were inspired by hate but as duty of the warriors in the field of revolution.