Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Nobody wants to follow anybody for a good cause

Working with present set of leaders and campaigner, taking media, civil society and academicians in Orissa together has also become extremely difficult. Nobody wants to follow anybody for a good cause. Since last three years of my working with issue and people, I came across several interesting cases. I had to only laugh looking at their perception and frustration of many people to this platform's activities, particularly about my intense involvement to state's each development.

I find that one sympathizes with another only so long as the other believes in everything he has to say, but as soon as he dares to differ, that sympathy is gone, that loves vanishes. I was ok, when I was restlessly campaign for NIS issue. But when we are campaigning for correcting existing higher education institutions in Orissa and advocates for the need of strengthening primary education in Orissa, a few Non-Resident Oriyas termed me as anti-Orissa?
I receive hundred good and letters of bad taste and it seems to me that their hatred and jealousy are so bitter that no why or how can be asked there. I am surprised to think in silence, when I am able to diagnose the reality in life at this age, how people of such great stature and age could not able to understand, how to shape their future and becoming frustrated and restless and demoralizing people, who are working in a mission, in whatever the capacity they are. This should be stopped at any cost.
I feel that political leader should have possessed passion, a feeling of responsibility and a sense of proportion. Passion in this context means having larger goals in mind, not just advancing your own personal self-interest. Yet the sense of proportion-is perspective , which is equally important. I appeal to our leaders to be conscious in the above lines. A strange development is happening in Orissa with our leaders. Another serious mistake is to create a climate in which people are afraid to tell you the truth. This is a temptation to which many leaders across the years have fallen prey...Regards, Sachi Satpathy
sachisatpathy@gmail.com Coordinator, Orissa Politics Platform www.orissapolitics.cjb.net Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:17:20 +0530 Winner, Infosys Young Achiever's Finalist Award-2005 Mobile-(0)9901307460

No comments:

Post a Comment